Comment on page
Migrating to Address V2
Step by step guide to migrating to Address V2.
This guide is written to assist upgrading to receive the benefits of using Address V2.
We have depreciated all api connections except Address V2. This is to enable us to better improve our services to you.
Address V2 separates concepts of:
Address Lookup (typeahead service ) and Address Validation (the validated data) into two defined endpoints.
We have implemented many improvements into Address V2 that can assist in problems encountered and knowledge gained from previous versions of our address lookup product(s).
- No contractual changes. You've purchased address validation we continue to supply address validations through an improved service. We proto-rata transactions from V1 to V2 when putting migration in production.
- The service is faster reducing loads and tuning compute by separating find and retrieve api endpoints.
- Many issues with V1 have resolution features in V2 that is enables by changing your api requests. Within the migration we can address these to ensure you have the best solution for your changing business needs.
- V2/address/find enables us to better monitor performance of find and bring new features to find functionality to improve our goal of finding target addresses the fastest with the least keystrokes.
- V2/address/retrieve has the same response data package reducing effort to migrate.
- V2 Reduces billable transaction ambiguity. Using V2 understand what is a Find and what is a Retrieve (Transaction) is independently monitored.
- V1 is depreciated. We are reducing our effort in supporting this endpoint and investing that effort in improving V2. The less customers on V1 the faster we can bring improvements.
- Improves our information security protocols to keep you and us safer.
We have depreciated all api connections prior to Address V2. We in the process of scheduling turn-off dates from 2024 until 2025 depending on the service.
Implementing V2 usually fully completed within 2 weeks.
The response package is the same as V1 meaning much of the complex work is re-usable from your V1 implementation.
- 1) Notify Loqate AU & NZ that you intent to migrate to V2. You will get access and support to migrate.
- 2) Read & share with developers Address V2 API documentation within this documentation Loqate Harmony API > API Specification > Address > Address Validation and Lookup. In particular, the difference between Find and Retrieve api endpoints.
- 4) Book a pre-development meeting with our team and your team (if required) to answer any questions. Check the FAQ here we are updating it.
- 5) Develop and Test Address V2 within your development team.
- 6) Notify Loqate AU & NZ of intended switch date.
- 7) Implement to production
You want to use Universal Response objects when integrating. This is likely new since your last integation.